India and Myanmar Ink Four Agreements to Enhance Bilateral Cooperation [ Current News (Concise) ]
Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi and President of Myanmar U Htin Kyaw have signed four Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) related to infrastructure, renewable energy and traditional systems of medicine to increase cooperation and bilateral relations after delegation level talks between in New Delhi during four day visit of Myanmar President Kyaw to India from 27 August to 30 August 2016.
- U Htin Kyaw is Myanmar’s first democratically elected President to visit India.
- This agreements will helps improve cooperation between India and Myanmar and will bring overall socio-economic development of their population.
- MoU on cooperation in the Field of Renewable Energy.
- MoU on cooperation in the construction of 69 Bridges
- MoU on cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine.
- MoU on cooperation in the construction and upgradation of the Kalewa – Yagyi Road Section.
- Published on: August 31, 2016