India and Qatar Inked Seven Agreements to Increase Bilateral Ties [ Current News (Concise) ]
India and Qatar have inked seven bilateral agreements in various fields to increase bilateral ties in presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Qatar Emir Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani at Doha.
- After visiting Afghanistan Qatar was PM Narendra Modi’s second stop as part of his five- nation tour and after this he will also visit Switzerland, US and Mexico.
Signed agreements are:
1. MoU for investment in National investment & infrastructure fund:
- Its main objective is to establish framework for enabling participation of Qatari institutional investors in Infrastructure projects in India under NIIF.
2. MoU on cooperation in tourism:
- Its main goal is to improve bilateral cooperation in the field of development and rising of tourism.
- It will be complete by promotion and marketing to support cooperation between private sector stakeholders.
3. Agreement on cooperation and mutual assistance in custom matters:
- Its main aim is to encourage mutual support and collaboration on matters pertaining to customs administration by interchange of information and intelligence between the two countries.
4. MoU on Finance Intelligence Unit-India (FIU-IND) and Qatar Financial Information Unit (QFIU):
- Facilitate interchange of intelligence related to terrorism-financing, money laundering and associated crimes and persons related thereto.
5. MoU in the field of youth and sports:
- It offers interactions and cooperation in sports activities, interchange visits of leaders and officials and exercise camps for sports teams between the two countries.
6. MoU on cooperation in skill development & recognition of qualifications
7. MoU on cooperation in the field of health:
- Provides collaboration in areas of health, counting environmental and occupational health, pharmaceuticals, medical education.
- It also aims to interchange of the best observes in the field of primary healthcare, technology, research in the field of health care, health care system and interchange of medical scientists and experts.
PM Narendra Modi and Qatar Emir Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani also had wide-ranging talks apart from this.
They highlighted the requirement to separate the groups and sponsors of terrorism.
They also marked to constitute an inter-ministerial high-level joint committee to frequently analyze all bilateral matters, as well as regional and global matters of mutual interest.
- Published on: June 6, 2016