India and Singapore Decide to Enhance Scale of Military Interaction [ Current News (Concise) ]
India and Singapore have decided to improve the measure of existing bilateral military interaction and decided to expand the interaction between the fortified forces and at inaugural Singapore-India Defence Ministers’ Dialogue (DMD) the decision in this regard, was taken.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar and his Singapore counterpart Dr. Ng Eng. Hen was the co-chairperson of Dialogue.
- After the meeting to powerful convicted terrorism and transformed their promise to collaboration in counter terrorism efforts as well both ministers carried a joint statement.
- It also highlighted the significance of protection maritime security in international waterways.
- Cooperation between Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and Singapore research agency on research-oriented projects also approved by both countries.
- They also agreed to work together between industries under ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- In 2003 India and Singapore had inked Defence Cooperation Agreement (DCA) then it was revised in 2015.
- In November 2015, defence cooperation was identified as a key sector under the India-Singapore Joint Declaration on Strategic Partnership during the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Singapore.
- The first meeting of their Defence Industry Working Group of both the countries was organized in May 2016.
- Both sides agreed to set up industry level working mechanisms to adopt cooperation in aerospace, electronics and other areas of mutual interest.
About Defence Research and Development Organization:
- The Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) is an agency of the Republic of India, charged with the military’s research and development.
- Its headquartered is located at New Delhi, India.
- The merger of the Technical Development Establishment and the Directorate of Technical Development and Production with the Defence Science Organization has formed it in 1958.
- The Ministry of Defence and Government of India administrate it.
- Published on: June 6, 2016