India and Spain sign agreement on Mutual Protection of Classified Information [ Current News (Concise) ]
India and Spain have signed an agreement on Mutual Protection of Classified Information. According to this agreement, it provides the framework for development in the area of the defense sector between both countries.
- Mutual Protection of Classified Information of agreement was signed by visiting Spanish Defense Minister (Pedro Moremes) and his Indian Defense minister (Manohar Parrikar).
- According to this agreement, both countries also have agreed to work on enhancing bilateral defense cooperation.
- Spanish alliance has interested in the Make-in-India initiative especially in the defence sector of Indian government and are interested to become part in India’s P75I project under six conventional submarines will be built.
- Mutual Protection of Classified Information is a primary pact that a country agrees to before embarking on deeper talks on defense cooperation.
- Published/Last Modified on: March 8, 2015