India and World Bank signs Financing Agreement for NCRMP Projects [ Current News (Concise) ]
About NCRMP Projects: NCRMP stands for National Cyclone Risk Mitigation Project. This project aims to prevention of cyclones and hydro meteorological hazards. From India’s 7, 500 kilometer of seashore, almost 5, 700 kilometers are highly in danger to the effects of hot cyclones and related hydro - meteorological threats, hence to recurring loss of life and properties.
- It can be cured by taking long and short term mitigation measures, the loss of life and properties can be minimized.
- Hazard risk mitigation is a key to sustainable development and this has been the policy of Govt. of India which lays greater emphasis on prevention, preparation and mitigation.
- Before t he Financing and Project Agreements relating to NCRMP were signed between the Department of Economic Affairs, World Bank and the State Governments of Andhra Pradesh and Odisha on 14th January 2011.
- NCRMP - II covers the States Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala and West Bengal.
About the agreement:
- Government of India and the World Bank signed the Financing Agreement for NCRMP - I & II for 104 Million dollars and 308.40 Million dollars respectively.
- The agreement for the project with respect to the states Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala and West Bengal was signed by the representatives of the respective State Governments.
- Published on: August 13, 2015