India has become World’s largest Rice exporter by overtaking Thailand [ Current News (Concise) ]
India has become world’s largest rice exporter in the year 2015 with exporting 10.23 million tonnes of rice and by overtaking Thailand. The Bangkok based Thai Rice Exporters Association Chairman Charoen Laodhammatas has made this announcement.
- In the list of the world’s largest rice exporting countries Thailand is ranked at second position.
- In 2015 it has exported 9.8 million tonnes of rice to the world market compared to 10.9 million tonnes in year 2014.
- With 6.4 million tonnes, it has ranked at third position.
- And china has still at number one importer country of rice in the year 2015.
- Published/Last Modified on: January 28, 2016