India has decided to join the International Energy Agency named Ocean Energy Systems [ Current News (Concise) ]
About International Energy Agency ‘Ocean Energy Systems’: The Ocean Energy Systems is an international association provider between countries. It works under structure established by theInternational Energy Agency in Paris in 2001.
- It was needed to develop this technology cooperation to increased activity related to the development of ocean wave and tidal current energy in the end of the 1990’s and at the beginning of this decade, primarily in Denmark, Portugal and the United Kingdom.
- These three countries were the initial participants to the OES.
About the aim after develop OES:
It was developed to bring together different countries to advance research, development and demo of renovation technologies to bind
- Energy from all systems of ocean renewable resources like tides,
- Waves, currents, temperature gradient and salinity gradient for electricity generation,
- Purification through international co-operation and information exchange.
About the agreement:
- The agreement was approved by Union Cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi.
Benefits to India by this agreement:
- India will have right for advanced Research & Development teams and technologies across the world by this agreement.
- India will also become partner in emerging test protocols along with other countries which will then help in testing Indian models as per international requirements and norms.
- Published on: January 18, 2016