India retains South Asian Basketball Championship [ Current News (Concise) ]
India has retained the South Asian Basketball Championship (SABA) title. It was the 4th edition of the Championships. They defeated Sri Lanka by 93-44 score in the final match which played at Kanteerava Stadium in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
With this win, India qualified for the FIBA Asia Championship which will be hosted by China in September 2015.
Results of SABA title 2015:
- India – retain first position (gold) in this tournament.
- Sri Lanka - retain second position ((silver)) in this tournament and
- Nepal – retain third position(bronze) in this tournament
- SABA (South Asian Basketball Championship) is basketball tournaments organized by the South Asia Basketball Association (SABA) in which national teams of 6 countries participate.
South Asian Basketball Championship was established in 2002. India has won it 3 times in 2002, 2014 and 2015.
South Asian Basketball tournament serves as a qualifier for various International Basketball Federation (FIBA) events such as the FIBA Asia Championship and the FIBA Asia Cup.
- Published on: July 9, 2015