India’s Oscar jury appointed Amol Palekar as Chairman [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Amol Palekar: Amol Palekar was born on 24th November 1944 in Mumbai of India. He is an Indian actor and a director and producer of Hindi and Marathi cinema. He studied Fine Arts at the Sir JJ School of Arts at Mumbai and began his artistic career as a painter.
- As a painter, he had seven one - man exhibitions and participated in many group shows.
- He has been work in the avant garde theatre in India.
- He has been also work in Marathi and Hindi theatre as an actor, director and producer since 1967.
- He received Filmfare Best Actor Award in 1980 for his best known film Gol maal.
About his selection as Chairman of Oscar Jury:
- Amol Palekar has been appointed as the Chairman of India’s Oscar jury by Mumbai based Film Federation of India (FFI).
- He will head the 17 - member jury panel.
- These Jury members will select the Indian films official entry in the best foreign film category of the 88th Academy Awards which will be held in Los Angeles in February 2016.
- Published/Last Modified on: August 31, 2015