India signed two agreements with Laos to strengthen mutual bonds [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Laos: Laos is officially known as the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (LPDR). It is an interior country in South - east Asia which is bounded by Myanmar of Burma and the People’s Republic of China to the north - west, Vietnam to the east which is Laos’s capital, Cambodia to the south and Thailand to the west.
- Since 1975, it has been ruled by a socialist and communist government.
- Its population was expected around 6.8 million as per report of July 2014.
About the agreements:
- India and Laos have signed two Memoranda of Understanding on Air services and Quick Impact Projects under the Mekong - Ganga Cooperation (MGC) programme.
- Its aim is to strengthen mutual bonds between both nations.
- These agreements were signed in presence of Indian Vice President Hamid Ansari and President of Lao Choummaly Sayasone in Vientiane.
- These agreements will allow airlines to start a direct flight between the two countries.
- Agreement of quick impact projects of MCG includes three projects in the agriculture sector.
- Published on: September 22, 2015