India signs MoU with Australia to help in the Fields of Education, Training and Research [ Current News (Concise) ]
About the agreement: India and Australia have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to support in the fields of education, research and training. The MoU was signed by Smriti Irani who is Union Minister of Human Resource Development and Christopher Pyne MP who is Minister for Education and Training of Australia.
- It was signed after the 3rd meeting of the Australia - India Education Council (AIEC) which was held in New Delhi.
About the MoU:
- The MoU try to find to strengthen existing partnerships between both countries in higher education & research.
- They include professional and technical education, employment education, schools and training in this MoU.
- It also finds to open up new and innovative areas of support.
- AICE stands for Australia - India Education Council.
- It is a bi - national body which is established in 2011.
- It was established as per commitment given by the Education Ministers of India and Australia to guide the planned direction of the education, research and training partnership between these two countries.
- Published on: August 31, 2015