India successfully tests Agni-IV missile [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Agni - IV missile: Agni - IV is the fourth missile in the Agni series of missiles which was earlier known as Agni II prime. It has been developed by India’s DRDO. It has presented a number of new technologies and significant improvement in missile technology.
Characteristics of Missile:
- It is light - weight.
- It has two stages of solid propulsion and a payload with re - entry heat shield.
- It has also a high performance onboard computer with distributed Avionics architecture,
- It has a high speed reliable communication bus.
- It has a range of 4000 km, length of 20 meters.
- It has a full Digital Control System which is used to control and guide the Missile towards the target.
About test of Agni - IV:
- Agni - IV was successfully test fired from a road mobile launcher from Wheeler Island off the coast of Orissa.
- The missile followed its trajectory which was at a height of about 900 km and reached at the pre - designated target in international waters of the Bay of Bengal.
- All mission objectives were fully met.
- All systems worked perfectly till the end facing re - entry temperatures of more than 3000 C.
- Published/Last Modified on: November 23, 2015