India to unveil Indonesian satellite LAPAN A2/Orari [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Indonesian satellites: Palapa is a series of communication satellites owned by Indosat (Indonesian Telecommunication Company). First launched on July 1976, this satellite has made Indonesia as the first developing country to operate their own national satellite system in the mid - seventies.
About LAPAN A2 / Orari:
- It is Indonesia’s nationally - made satellite and is next version of LAPAN A1 / Tubsat satellite.
- It was created entirely by the National Institute of Aeronautics and Space (LAPAN) of Indonesia in 2012.
- Satellite is prepared with an automatic packet reporting system to relieve from any disaster especially for monitoring floods, changes in the sea level and movements of the population.
- It will orbit the Earth along the equator with an altitude of 650 kilometers.
- It will encircle the Earth 14 times a day and travel at 7.5 kilometers per second.
- Functions: monitors land usage, ship movements, sea resources, fishing explorations, natural resource and prevents any disaster incase.
India to launch LAPAN A2 / Orari:
- India will launch Indonesia’s second multi - spectral remote sensing satellite LAPAN A2 / Orari.
- The satellite will be launched by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) from the Satish Dhawan Space Center in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh on September 27, 2015.
- Published/Last Modified on: September 12, 2015