India’S First E-Court Opened at Hyderabad High Court [ Current News (Concise) ]
In Hyderabad India’s first e-court (paperless court) was opened at High Court of Judicature. This court is the common high court for the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. It was inaugurated by the e-court, Supreme Court judge Justice Madan B. Lokur who heads the e-Committee of the Supreme Court.
- At Hyderabad, SC judge also announced that India’s first Integrated Criminal Justice System (ICJS) will be launched in High Court of Judicature.
- Andhra Pradesh and Telangana states in the country to be chosen for Integrated Criminal Justice System (ICJS) project.
- System will include the courts, prosecution, police stations, forensic science laboratories and jails.
- Purpose of e-court is to ascertain speedy justice for the litigants.
- E-Court system is very user friendly.
- This court is fully computerised but it also a paperless court.
- E-Courts will certify easy and better access to justice for public.
- Provide solution for huge number of pending cases in the country.
- Make the work of judges, advocates and all those related with judiciary a lot more operative.
- Published on: July 19, 2016