India’S First IoT Centre Launched in Bengaluru [ Current News (Concise) ]
The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) launched India’s first Centre of Excellence on Internet of Things (CoE– IoT) in Bengaluru, Karnataka. Five startups have been chosen to be part of India’s first centre for excellence in Internet of Things (IoT).
- The centre was launched at NASSCOM’s Startup Warehouse in Bengaluru to encourage start-ups to come up with tech solutions centre on Internet of Things (IoT).
- The startups includes: Wireless Controls, Uncanny Vision, Light Metrics, Things Cloud and SAAR Microsystems have been chosen for the first CoE in Bengaluru.
- The Centre has been jointly set up by NASSCOM, Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DEITY) and Education and Research Network (ERNET).
- It is also supported by Cisco, TCS, Accenture, HCL Technologies, Intel, Qualcomm and L&T Technology Services, among others.
- It has been created as a catalyst for developing the IoT SME/Startup ecosystem of the country to scale for industrial and societal desires.
- Centre has capacity to raise 40 startups and allows them to build a model and test them.
- They will function as an Accelerating, Funding, Mentoring & Enterprise for the key emerging.
- IoT startups who have been selected for development.
- IoT is described for devices that have sensors which talk to and share information to other devices over the internet.
- Centre focus on building solutions for applications such as agriculture, automobile, telecom, healthcare and consumer goods.
- Published on: July 12, 2016