India’S Remarkable Victory in 500th Test Against New Zealand [ Current News (Concise) - Sports ]
India got a historical victory against New Zealand by 197 runs in 500th cricket Test played at Green Park Stadium, Kanpur on the fifth and final day of the match. India won with 434 runs.
- New Zealand scored 236.
- Ravichandran Ashwin- senior off-spinner took 6 wickets in the innings. He completed his fifth six-wicket haul in his career.
- Ravinder Jadeja was the Man of the Match based on his fine all-round performance. He took six wickets and scored 92 runs.
- India won 88th match on the home turf and get a 1-0 lead in the three-match series.
- India now has 11 match unbeaten tally on home soil.
- India is the 4th country to play 500 Tests.
- England played 976 test matches
- Australia played 791 test matches
- West Indies played 517 test matches
- India had missed 100th and 200th match but 300th and 400th test match were won by India.
- Published/Last Modified on: September 27, 2016