Indian American Harmeet Kaur Dhillon Appointed as Important Republican Position [ Current News (Concise) ]
At the United States national level an Indian American Sikh woman Harmeet Kaur Dhillon (47) from California was elected to an important position in the Republican Party. And with this she elected as the most recent national committee woman, a key position of the Republican National Committee.
- She has served as vice chairman of the California GOP before this appointment.
- And with this she becomes the first woman elected to this position of vice chair of the California Republican Party.
About Harmeet Kaur Dhillon:
- Dhillon was born in Chandigarh, India and after her Sikh parents had migrated to US she was raised up in rural North Carolina.
- She is lawyer by profession and is all over the country recognized trial lawyer, boardroom mentor and promoter for corporate, individual, and institutional clients.
- She has practiced in New York, London, and San Francisco Bay Area and mainly has concentrated on federal and state commercial legal action and arbitration as a lawyer.
- Her individual importance is on one-sided competition/trade secret appropriation, intellectual property, complex contractual disputes, and First Amendment litigation etc.
About California Republican Party
- The California Republican Party is the California associate of the United States Republican Party.
- The party chairman is Jim Brulte, and is based in Burbank, California, a suburb of Los Angeles.
- Headquarter of CRP is located at Sacramento.
- The party’s main aims are to enhance economic prosperity within the state, cut taxes, and eliminate government waste.
- As of 2016 Republicans represent approximately 28 % of the state’s recorded voters.
- Published on: May 3, 2016