Indian-American Sunil Sabharwal is Appointed as Alternate Executive Director at Imf [ Current News (Concise) ]
An independent Indian-American investor Sunil Sabharwal has taken charge as Alternate Executive Director at International Monetary Fund (IMF). The US Senate has confirmed his appointment had then he has taken charge and he was re-nominated to this key post at IMF by US President Barack Obama.
And with this apartment he becomes first Indian-American to appoint for a key administration post at the IMF.
It is most powerful position in the IMF with the 16.81 per cent voting share (highest) of US in the total IMF voting share.
About Sunil Sabharwal
- He was born in 1964 at New Delhi and then he moved to Sabharwal was to Budapest, Hungary.
- His father was Indian and a mother is Hungarian.
- From 1992 to 1996 he had worked at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development as Principal Banker.
- From 1997 to 2003 he has served at GE Capital at several positions including Managing Director (MD).
- From 2003 to 2006 he has also worked as Senior Vice President of Strategic Investments at First Data Corporation/Western Union.
- And from 2006 he has been an independent investor in the payments sector.
- He had served as Chairman of the Board of Ogone, a European ecommerce payment services company.
- Published on: March 7, 2016