Indian Army’S Surgical Strikes Across LoC- Important [ Current News (Concise) - International Relations & Organizations ]
Indian Army successfully completed surgical strikes across the LoC at the terror pads in the Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir (PoK). First surgical strikes directed by India’s military in the response of Uri attack on India army base that killed 18 Indian soldiers.
- Target were the terrorist camps and training center- planning bases to attack Indian territory.
- Successful because of India Army remarkable ability to mark terrorist areas.
- Also had profound news coverage favorable for India and moral boosting effect on Indian Armed Forces.
- India recently reviewed Indus Waters Treaty with Pakistan and pulled out of the regional SAARC Summit to be held in Islamabad, Pakistan as part of a wider diplomatic offensive to isolate Pakistan.
What is Surgical Strike?
A military attack to harm the legitimate military target with no or minimal collateral damage to surrounding structures, general public infrastructure, vehicles, buildings and utilities.
- The term Line of Control (LoC) is a military control line between the Indian and Pakistani in Kashmir and Jammu.
- It is also known as Cease-fire Line.
- It was founded after the Simla Agreement on 3rd July 1972.
- The portion under the control of India is known as Jammu and Kashmir. Similarly on Pakistani side there are two parts known as Gilgit–Baltistan and Azad Kashmir (AJK).
- Published/Last Modified on: September 30, 2016