Indian Coast Guard has commissioned Interceptor boat ICGS C-422 [ Current News (Concise) ]
Indian Coast Guard interceptor boat ‘ICGS C - 422’ has been commissioned at karaikal further enhance its vigil along Pondicherry and South Tamil Nadu coast in the Bay of Bengal. ‘ICGS C - 422’ was commissioned by Puducherry Assembly Speaker V Sabapathy in a traditional ceremony held at Karaikal port in Tamil Nadu.
About ICGS C - 422
- The 36th interceptor boat which gone be inducted into the Coast Guard service is ICGS C - 422.
- Top officers including Inspector General SP Sharma, Commander CG Region (East) are also attended the commissioning ceremony.
- The boat is good enough to do multiple tasks including interdiction, surveillance and search and rescue.
- It has built - in on the basis of state - of - the - art communication, navigational equipment along with adequate fire power.
- Currently, Indian Coast Guard has two fast patrol pots ICGS Rani Durgavati and ICGS Ameya as well as two interceptor boats C - 428 and C - 415 placed at Karaikal port.
- Published/Last Modified on: December 1, 2015