Indian Government has selected Justice T.S.Thakur as 43rd Chief Justice [ Current News (Concise) ]
About the appointment: The President of India Pranab Mukherjee has appointed Justice T. S. Thakur as the next Chief Justice of India (CJI) as per provision of Article 124 of constitution. T. S. Thakur will start their work a Chief Justice of India from 3 December 2015, after official retirement of over current Chief Justice of India H. L. Dattu on 2 December 2015. T. S. Thakur will be with us as Chief Justice of India till January 3, 2015 until he will be of 65. Justice Thakur’s name was recommended by over current Chief Justice of India H. L. Dattu for the top most post of Indian Judiciary.
About Justice T. S. Thakur:
- He was born on 4th January 1952.
- Justice T. S. Thakur is a son of D. D. Thakur, who was renowned advocate and judge at Jammu and Kashmir High Court and also served as Union Minister.
- Justice Thakur started his work in October 1972 he was enrolled as Pleader. and later he started his practice at Jammu and Kashmir High Court.
- He had worked with Karnataka High Court, and as a Chief Justice of Delhi High Court, and Punjab and Haryana High Court. He was started working as judge of the Supreme Court in 2009.
- In Supreme Court, he had headed bench with OPL sport - fixing scam and Saradha chit fund scam case
- Published on: November 20, 2015