Indian Railway Ministry Launches Project to Install Solar Panels in All Railway Buildings [ Current News (Concise) ]
Union Railway Ministry has launched a project to install Solar Panels in all Railway Buildings. This project aims to reduce expenditure on electricity. Suresh Prabhu is the Minister of Union Railway.
- In Punjab Amritsar Railway station he arranged the foundation stone of one Megawatt (MW) solar power plant.
- Power plant will be set up a cost of 8 crore Rupees at Amritsar Railway station.
- It will produce 14 lakh units of power per year and save 1.40 crore Rupees for railway.
- Union Railway Ministry is going to install such Solar Panels for joining free solar energy in all the Railway Building across the nation.
- Union Government is focusing to produce solar energy from waste materials.
- This will help to reduce expenditure of the Railways on electricity.
- Thus, they are providing maximum facilities to the passengers during travel.
- Union Railway Minister announced to launch high-speed train service between Amritsar and New Delhi.
- It will be started following the successful trial run of Spanish-made Talgo, which became the fastest train in the country.
- This train successfully tested train to run at the speed of 180 kilometers per hour and work.
- Published on: July 19, 2016