Indian Railways, Indian Army among world’s biggest employers: WEF Study [ Current News (Concise) ]
India Army and Indian Railways are among the world’s biggest employers which report was revealed in a research published by the World Economic Forum (WEF). India Army and Indian Railways employ around 2.7 million people together. Indian Railways was placed at 8th position with 1.4 million staff while Indian Army was placed at 9th position with 1.3 million employees in the list of world’s biggest employers.
List of top 10 world’s biggest employers are-
- US department of Defense- It is the world’s biggest employer with over 3.2 million employees.
- People’s Liberation Army (PLA) - Chinese military is 2nd biggest employer with 2.3 million employees.
- Walmart- US supermarket giant is 3rd biggest employer with 2.1 million workers.
- McDonald’s- Fast food giant is the 4th biggest employer with 1.9 million employees.
- National Health Service of UK- It is 5th biggest employer with 1.7 million.
- China National Petroleum Corporation- It is 6th biggest employer with 1.6 million employees. It is Chinese state-run company.
- State Grid Corporation of China- It is 7th biggest employer with 1.5 million employees.
- Indian Railways- 1.4 million staff.
- Indian Army- 1.3 million employees.
- Hon Hai Precision Factory- It is known around world as Foxconn, a leading electronics manufacturer. It is placed at 10th position with 1.2 million employees.
- Published on: July 2, 2015