Indian Railways launches E-Samiksha to monitor rail projects online [ Current News (Concise) ]
Indian Railways launched “E-Samiksha” an online monitoring mechanism and it was launched by Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu in New Delhi. The main purpose of launching “E-Samiksha” which based on monitoring implementation of various ongoing projects of Indian Railways on real-time basis including Rail Budget proposals.
- National Informatics Centre (NIC) has designed E-Samiksha website and it has been developed to make it a highly interactive web-based, user-friendly and customised system.
- It will be used to monitor budget-related projects and also for monitoring the infrastructure target and board meeting follow-up.
- At present, it is being used by Cabinet Secretariat, Prime Minister’s Office and other Ministries for monitoring progress implementation of various programmes and follow-up of meetings.
- Railway minister announced total estimation cost of 1, 00,011 crore planning budget in 2015-16 and 8.5 lakh crore rupees to be invested in the railway in the next five years.
- Published/Last Modified on: April 23, 2015