Indian Railways names Haridwar Mail as Yoga Express [ Current News (Concise) ]
Indian Railways has named Haridwar Mail as Yoga Express with an immediate effect on the occasion of international Yoga day on 21 June 2015. The train No 19031/19032 Ahmedabad-Haridwar-Ahmedabad famously known as Haridwar Mail has been replace as Yoga Express.
- This decision was taken by Indian Railways minister before celebration of first ‘International Yoga Day’ on 21st June which will be observed as global event.
- Yoga Express run between Ahmedabad (Gujarat) and Haridwar (Uttarakhand) on daily basis covering 1208 km distance in 26 hours 05 mins without changing of the train timings.
- This train number has 19031 from Ahmedabad to Haridwar and number 19032 in the reverse direction. Its average speed is below 55 km/hr.
- The train also has a stopover at Gandhinagar which was added in 2009 Railway Budget which consists of 24 coaches including 12 sleeper coaches and 6 AC coaches’ halts at 10 major stations.
- Published on: June 24, 2015