Indian Shuttler Saina Nehwal ranked No.1 in single rankings released by BWF [ Current News (Concise) ]
Indian Shuttler Ace Saina Nehwal ranked No.1 in single rankings released by BWF (Badminton World Federation) and second place hold chinies shuttler Li Xuerui. Ace shuttler star Saina Nehwal regained the top position ahead of the Australian Open. Nehwal secured the number one position for the first time in April 2015. But she subsequently slipped from the top spot.
- In Super Series Premier event, Saina Nehwal has won two titles in 2015 -India Open Super series and India Grand Prix Gold, and also reached the final of the prestigious All England Open.
- K Srikanth retained his fourth place in men’s singles which released by Badminton World Federation. Even P Kashyap and HS Parnnoy also maintained their 13th and 15th positions, respectively.
- Second Indian shuttler star PV Sindhu retained twelfth position who won two-time World Championship bronze medalist.
- Saina Nehwal was born on 17 March 1990 in Hisar, Haryana. She is the first Indian to win a medal in Badminton at the Olympics.
- Published on: May 25, 2015