Indian Wrestler Anil wins gold medal in Cadet Wrestling World Championships [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Anil Kumar: Anil Kumar is an Indian wrestler from Haryana. He won gold in the Men’s Greco - Roman 96 kg’s wrestling at 2010 Commonwealth Games. He had also won gold medal in the 50 kg freestyle category at the 2014 Asian Championship by defeating Efan Aeini.
About his victory in 2015 Wrestling World Championship:
- He defeated Erfan Aeini of Iran by 10 - 6 score in the final match played at Sarajevo, Bosnia.
- This is second time Anil has won gold medal at international level by defeating Erfan Aeini.
About Commonwealth Games:
- The Commonwealth Games is an international and multi - sport event which involved athletes from the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The event was first held in 1930.
- Six countries have appeared in every Commonwealth Games which are Australia, Canada, England, New Zealand, Scotland, and Wales.
- Australia is highest achieving team for twelve games, England achieved seven games and Canada achieved one game.
- Published/Last Modified on: September 18, 2015