Indian radio cab company Meru becomes first to steer into international market [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Meru radio cab company: Meru Cabs is a taxicab aggregator company headquartered in Mumbai, India. It provides facilities of taxi booking over calls, website or through their mobile application. Meru cab was founded by Neeraj Gupta on April 2007 in Mumbai.
- Customers can pay money of their booking through cash, payment cards or wallet launched as Cab Wallet.
- Meru Cabs combined their taxi service with ‘Google Now’. Google Now will send remainders to the passengers for taxi pickups.
- It also informs the passengers if they wish to book a taxi based on their location and other information through Now Cards inside the Google app.
About steering into International market:
- Meru Cabs has made an agreement with e - Cab, which is a part of French taxi service provider Taxis G7, by this agreement it can expand its service into global markets.
- Now customers of Meru can use e - Cab’s services during international travel in 50 major cities of countries which includes France, Belgium, Netherland, Ireland and Canada.
- Same as e - Cab mobile app users can also get benefit of Meru’s services when they visit India.
- Initially e - Cab customers will be able to use Meru’s services only in six cities of India but it would expand.
- This service will be available at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai Bangalore, Pune and Hyderabad, but by the end of 2015 it would be expanded to all 23 cities.
- Published on: October 22, 2015