Indian shooter Apurvi Chandela wins Bronze in ISSF [ Current News (Concise) ]
Indian shooter or ace Apurvi Chandela won Bronze medal in the 10-metre air rifle event at the ISSF (International Shooting Sport Federation) Rifle and Pistol World Cup in Changwon, South Korea. Apurvi Chandela won the bronze after she shot score of 185.6 in the qualifying fifth final round and she was placed at third position in the list of eight-strong competitors.
- Apurvi Chandela won this tournament; she has qualified for the 2016 Olympics, which will be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- In this ISSF Rifle and Pistol World Cup, Pejcic Snjezana of Croatia with score of 209.1 won gold medal and Ivana Maksimovic of Serbia with score of 207.7 won the silver medal.
- Only six competitors were qualified for the Olympics among eight competitors and it should be noted that Apurvi Chandela is the second Indian marksman after pistol shooter Jitu Rai to qualify for the Rio Olympics.
- In 2014 Free Pistol event at the World Championships in Granada, Spain, Jitu Rai was winning won silver in the 50m Free Pistol event and he had qualified for the 2016 Olympics.
- Published/Last Modified on: April 13, 2015