Indian shooter, Heena Sidhu wins Gold medal at 13th Asian Shooting Championships [ Current News (Concise) ]
Heena Sidhu was born on 29th August 1989, in Ludhiana. She is a champion Indian shooter. She is the first Indian Pistol shooter to be Ranked World No. 1 by ISSF. She is also the first Indian Pistol shooter who has won a Gold medal in the 2013 ISSF World Cup Finals in 10 meter Air Pistol event.
- She became the third Indian shooter to win a Gold medal in a Rifle/Pistol World Cup Finals after Anjali Bhagwat who won in 2003 and Gagan Narang who won in 2008.
About her achievements:
- Heena Sidhu received the prestigious Arjuna Award at the Rashtrapati Bhavan on the 28th of August 2014 by the Honorable President of India.
- About her winning at 13th Asian Shooting Championships:
- Heena Sidhu has won Gold medal in 10 meter Air Pistol event in women’s category at 13th Asian Shooting Championships which was held in Kuwait.
- Heena won by shooting 198.2 score and defeated Gundegma Otreyad of Mongolia who shot 198 and won Silver medal.
- Other medal winners at 13th Asian Shooting Championships
10m air pistol junior women’s event:
- Shri Nivetha of India won a gold medal with a score of 195.8.
10m air pistol youth women’s team event:
- Harshada Nithave (374), Nayani Bharadwaj (374) and Malaika Goel (365) won the gold medal.
25m pistol men’s junior event:
- Shivam Shukla of India won gold medal by shooting a score of 576.
- Published/Last Modified on: November 20, 2015