India’s first green police station inaugurated at New Delhi’s Maurice Nagar [ Current News (Concise) ]
The occasion of World Environment Day was inaugurated India’s first green police station at Maurice Nagar in north Delhi. Delhi Police Commissioner Bhim Sain Bassi was inaugurated and this police station has dedicated for preservation and safety of the environment.
- The Roof of green police station has coating of fresh lime based upon Medieval Indian Construction Methodology.
- Students of Delhi University along with police officials had worked on the renovation of this police station to make it unique.
- All light fittings at the police station have been changed to LED lights in order to reduce consumption of electricity. It will increase Albedo of the station and reduce the heat which helps to save electrical power.
- All fans and all toilets installed at this police station will be of five star ratings and biodegradable capable of converting fecal matter into water respectively.
- It is also planned to replace the furniture with bamboo. In the police station, 400 areca palm plants have been planted and its premises in order to bring down the carbon presence, as these plants are strong in carbon consumption.
- Published on: June 10, 2015