Indra Nooyi placed at 2nd position in 2015 Fortune’s business list [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Indira Nooyi: Indra Krishnamurthy Nooyi was born on 28th October 1955 in Madras, Tamil Nadu of India. She is business executive and the current Chairperson and Chief Executive Officer of PepsiCo.
- She joined PepsiCo in 1994 and was known as president and CFO in 2001.
About her achievements as most powerful woman:
- Indra Nooyi was named on Wall Street Journal ‘s list of 50 women to watch in 2007 and 2008.
- She was listed among Time ‘s 100 Most Powerful People in The World in 2007 and 2008.
- Forbes ranked her 3rd most powerful woman in 2008.
- Fortune ranked her the 1st most powerful woman in business in 2009 and 2010.
- Fortune magazine ranked her the 6th most powerful woman in the world in October 2010.
- She was ranked as 13th by Forbes in 2014.
About her selection of 2nd position in Fortune:
- India Nooyi was placed at 2nd position by Fortune’s business list of year 2015.
- In this list, General Motors CEO Mary Barra was got 1st rank. She heads United States largest auto - maker and it is her second year as head.
- Published on: September 15, 2015