Injured Joshna Chinappa knocks Habiba to win Squash Circuit title [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Joshna Chinappa: Joshna Chinappa was born on September 15th 1986. She is a National Squash Champion. A trainee from Indian Squash Academy, Chennai. She ranked 19th in the world in March 2014.
- Currently she is ranked 28th in the world.
About her Achievements:
- She was the first Indian to win the British Squash Championship in 2003.
- She is also the first beneficiary of Mittal Champions Trust.
About winning the Squash Circuit title:
- Joshna Chinappa, sealed the women’s title in the US $15, 000 NSCI Open JSW Indian Squash Circuit 2015 after surpassing Egyptian top player Habiba Mohammad in straight games in the final at Mumbai on Sunday.
- Joshna defeated Habiba by 11 - 8 11 - 9 11 - 6 in a strong title - rattle, which lasted for 47 minutes.
- The major glitch for the Indian player came when she got hit by her opponents racket on the face in the second game and needed medication for an injured nose before continuing her battle after a 10 - minute break
- It wasn’t an easy match for Joshna. She took the first game smoothly, interchanging points with Mohamed throughout the opening game before the main 11 - 8.
- The Indian fell behind in the second and at 1 - 3, Habiba hit her in the face in the follow - through of a huge swing.
- Joshna recovered from her injured nose, and continued to play about 10 minutes late.
- But three key spontaneous errors by Habiba helped Joshna win the match.
- Published/Last Modified on: September 10, 2015