Jagmohan Dalmiya, BCCI President is passes away [ Current News (Concise) ]
Jagmohan Dalmiya who was the President of Board of Control for Cricket in India is passes away in Kolkata, of West Bengal at age of 75 due to a heart attack. About Jagmohan Dalmiya: Jagmohan Dalmiya was born on 30th May 1940 in Kolkata.
- He was an Indian cricket commissioner and also a businessman.
- He was served as the President of the Board of Control for Cricket in India from 2001 to 2004 and also in Cricket Association of Bengal.
- He joined the Board of Control for Cricket in 1979.
- For second time he was elected as President of BCCI in March 2015.
- He had previously served as the President of the International Cricket Council (ICC) from 1997 to 2000.
- He started his career as a wicketkeeper and playing for cricket clubs in Kolkata.
- He had alsomade a double - century.
About his achievements:
- He received the International Journal of the History of Sports Achievement award for administrative excellence in global sport.
- He had also got nicknames in the newspapers like the Machiavelli of Indian cricket, master of realpolitik, the master of comebacks.
- Published on: September 22, 2015