Jharkhand signed MoU with center for power scheme UDAY [ Current News (Concise) - Important Days ]
For Ujwal Discom Assurance Yojana (UDAY) scheme Jharkhand, a mineral-rich but energy-deficit state has become first state in country to sign Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Union Government.
- The state government, Union Ministry of Power and state power distributor Jharkhand Bijli Vitaran Nigam Ltd (JBVNL) has signed three-way MoU for this.
- With this MoU the vision of Union Government will be completed to provide 24×7 electricity supply to all reality, in Jharkhand this MoU will helps state government to electrifying remaining 2200 villages in state and make vision of providing.
- The UDAY scheme will give benefit to Jharkhand approximately 5, 300 crore rupees.
- The state government will take over 100 percent liabilities of outstanding dues with CPSUs and 75 % of the unresolved debts of JBVNL and it will be beneficial for JBVNL.
UDAY Scheme has been joined by 15 states up to this time and they are…
- Andhra Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
As well four major states Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Odisha also already have given their approval to join UDAY.
About Ujwal Discom Assurance Yojana (UDAY)
- In order to supply adequate power at affordable rates the Scheme was launched on 20th November 2015 to help financially stressed Distribution companies (DISCOMs).
- The main aim of this scheme is to ensures a sustainable permanent solution to the problem and financial turnaround and revival of Power DISCOMs.
- Published/Last Modified on: January 8, 2016