Jind, Karnal and Muzaffarnagar districts added in National Capital Region [ Current News (Concise) ]
Districts of Haryana Jind, Karnal and Uttar Pradesh’s Muzaffarnagar district have been added into the conurbation National Capital Region (NCR). NCR is India’s largest and one of the world’s largest agglomerations in terms of population (around 54,000,000 as per 2011 Census).
35th meeting of National Capital Region Planning Board (NCRPB) was taken decision which held in New Delhi. The meeting was represented by Union Urban Development Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu who is Chairman of the NCRPB.
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar was attended meeting with association of government officials of other member states.
- At present, the total districts in NCR have risen to 23 (including Delhi NCT) which cover a total area of 51,109 square km.
- National Capital Region (NCR) is the designation for the conurbation or metropolitan area formed by National Capital Region Planning Board (NCRPB).
- It encompasses the entire Delhi NCT and urban areas surrounding it in neighboring states of Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan.
- NCRPB is statutory body established in 1985 under the National Capital Region Planning Board Act, 1985 to develop a planned metropolitan development NCR region.
- Published/Last Modified on: June 17, 2015