Jitu Rai Earns Silver Medal in ISSF World Cup [ Current News (Concise) ]
At the ISSF (International Shooting Sport Federation) Shooting World Cup Ace Indian shooter Jitu Rai secured silver medal which was held in Baku, Azerbaijan with 199.5 in men’s 10m air pistol. He tried three-time Olympic champion Jongoh Jin of South Korea to win silver medal.
- In the men’s 10m air pistol event Brazilian shooter Felipe Almeida Wu won the gold medal, and South Korea’s Jin Jongoh won the bronze medal.
- With this Jitu Rai has won his second medal in a World Cup 2016 season and previous he had won the gold medal in the free pistol event in the first World Cup held in Bangkok, Thailand.
- After winning silver medal in the 50m Free Pistol event in 2014 at the World Championships in Granada previously he has qualified for the 2016 Rio Olympics.
About ISSF World Cup
- The International Shooting Sport Federation has introduced the ISSF World Cup in 1986 to offer a homogeneous system for requirement to the Olympic shooting competitions.
- With four competitions per year in each event it immobile is carried out in the Olympic shooting events.
- Published on: June 28, 2016