Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Bill has been passed by Parliament [ Current News (Concise) ]
Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Bill, 2015 has been passed by Parliament with the aim to trying children as grownups. The bill was first passed in Lok Sabha In May 2015, this Bill has passed first and in December 2015 it has passed in Rajya Sabha.
- Now it will come in force after approval of president.
- According to this Bill it facility for trying of teenagers between the ages of 16 and 18 years as grown person for terrible crimes.
- By adopting a child-friendly approach, this Bill’s main objective is to take step to ensuring protection, proper care, development and social reintegration of children in difficult circumstances.
- Juvenile Justice Boards (JJB) is a legal authority regarding to this bill to examine the nature of crime and decide whether it was committed as a child mind or as an adult mind.
- JJB will inquiry preliminary juvenile offender decides sent for rehabilitation or will be tried as a mature.
- The Bill also pursues to combine and modify the law related to children supposed and found to be in fight with law and children needing care and protection.
- For the establishment of Child Welfare Committees (CWC) along with JJB in each district are also included in Bill.
- For need of care and protection the CWC will govern official care for juvenile.
- Published on: December 23, 2015