K M Hanumantharayappa Assumes Charge as Chairman of Central Silk Board [ Current News (Concise) - Policies & Governance ]
K M Hanumantharayappa assumed charged as a chairman of Central Silk Board by the Union Ministry of Textiles. K M Hanumantharayappa is the 25th Chairman of the central silk board. He succeeds N S Bissegowda. He is a sericulturist and weaver. He is a senior political leader of Bharatiya Janata Party.
- During the period of 2000-2002, he served as a member of the Central Silk Board and served as a president of Karnataka State Nekarara Horata Samithi.
- During the period of 2010-2013, he also served as a Chairman of Karnataka Silk Marketing Board (KSMB).
- K M Hanumantharayappa also involved in various political activities and social activities.
- He is a traditional weaving cluster in Karnataka.
Award of K M Hanumantharayappa:
- Government of Karnataka gives the best agriculturist award to K M Hanumantharayappa.
About Central Silk Board (CSB):
- Central Silk Board is a statutory body and established in 1948 under the central silk Board Act, 1948.
- Its aims are to overall development of silk sector in India. It is national organisation.
- Published on: August 11, 2016