K.P. Sharma Oli is Nepal’s New Prime Minister [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Appointment: After two disastrous earthquakes which killed around 9000 people and fierce protests which led to 40 deaths, Nepal’s lawmakers chose a new prime minister. KP SHARMA OLI who promises to work alongside everybody and to repair all the damage.
- Oli is the leader of the Centre - left Communist Party of Nepal (UML).
- He won support in parliament from a group from the lowland Tarai region that had opposed the constitution.
- In all, Oli won the support of 338 out of 587 lawmakers.
- He is the first Prime Minister under the newly adopted Constitution of Nepal.
- He was also elected as the chairman of Communist Party of Nepal (Unified Marxist - Leninist) in July 2014.
- Oli is well known for his humorous similes and one - liner sarcastic comments on opposition parties and leaders.
- He didn’t complete his formal education due to his involvement in politics.
- He has interest in reading books on political philosophies and literature written in Nepali and Hindi language.
- Published/Last Modified on: October 12, 2015