K. V. Krishna Rao, former Army Chief General passes away [ Current News (Concise) ]
About K. V. Krishna Rao: Former Army Chief General Kotikalapudi Venkata Krishna Rao passed away in New Delhi by having a cardiac arrest at the military hospital at age of 92. Kotikalapudi Venkata Krishna Rao but he is well-known as K. V. Krishna Rao was born on 16th July 1923.
- He was a priorChief of the Indian Army and also a prior Governor of Jammu & Kashmir, Nagaland, Manipur and Tripura.
- He was served as governor of Jammu and Kashmir from 11th July, 1989 to 19th January, 1990 and also for the second time from 13th March, 1993 till 2nd May, 1998.
- He retired from the position of Chief of the Army Staff in 1983.
- He was appointed as Governor of Nagaland, Manipur and Tripura in June 1984 and he left all of these posts by the time of his transfer to Kashmir in 1990.
- He was a founder Instructor of the Pune based National Defence Academy (NDA) in 1949 - 51.
About his achievements:
- He was awarded with the Param Vishist Seva Medal (which was the Award for notable services of the most exceptional order) for displaying outstanding leadership, courage, determination and drive during the Bangladesh Liberation War of 1971 against Pakistan.
- Published/Last Modified on: February 1, 2016