Karnataka clinched eighth Ranji title of cricket [ Current News (Concise) ]
Karnataka won eighth Ranji title of cricket. Karnataka defeated Tamil Nadu by an innings and 217 runs in Wankhede stadium in Mumbai. Tamil Nadu was out for 134 in the first innings but Karnataka was scored 762 runs in the first inning after that chasing an imposing 628, Tamil Nadu was shot out for 411 in the final session of the fifth day’s play.
- Karun Nair batsman of Karnataka scored 338 runs to help the team in scoring a winning the target. While 3. Karnataka’s leg-spinner Shreyas Gopal who bagged four wickets for 26 wrecked the batting order of Tamil Nadu.
- Karnataka’s Skipper R Vinay Kumar, who became the joint leading wicket taker this season, ended with two wickets, along with Sreenath Aravind.
- R Vinay Kumar was the captin of Karnataka Ranji team and Abhinav Mukund was captain of Tamil Nadu team.
- Karun Nair won the Man-of the-match for his maiden triple century in first-class cricket.
- Published/Last Modified on: March 15, 2015