Ken Miyauchi: New President and COO of SoftBank Group [ Current News (Concise) ]
The new President and Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the Japanese conglomerate SoftBank Group is Ken Miyauchi by succeeding Nikesh Arora due to the Chairman and CEO of Group Masayoshi Son wanted to continue at the helm longer than first planned.
- Ken Miyauchi was serving as head of the SoftBank group’s Japanese telecommunications operations prior to this appointment.
About Ken Miyauchi:
- Born on 1st November 1949.
- He had started his career in 1977 with Japan Management Association.
- In October 1984, he has joined the SoftBank Group.
- In February 1988 he was appointed as Director of SOFTBANK Corp. Japan
- In April 2006 he was appointed as executive Vice President, Director & COO, Vodafone K. K.
- Latter in 2007 he was appointed as Representative Director & COO, SoftBank Mobile Corp.
- Then in 2012 he has joined Yahoo Japan Corporation as Director.
- SoftBank was founded in 1981 in Tokyo.
- It is a Japanese multinational telecommunications and Internet corporation.
- Its main focus areas are:
- fixed-line telecommunications
- technology services
- finance and marketing
- SoftBank is the 62nd largest company in the world based on a composite of sales, assets, profit and market value as per 2015 report.
- Published/Last Modified on: June 24, 2016