Kochi become first city to join World Tourism Cities Federation (WTCF) Council [ Current News (Concise) ]
About WTCF: WTCF stands for World Tourism Cities Federation. It’s headquarter is in Beijing, China. It is a non - profit, non - governmental international organization which organized freely by tourist cities of all countries and regions, non - governmental organizations, associations and enterprises related with tourism.
- WTCF supports social development of World Tourism cities, improve urban development, raise the image of cities, support inter - city international exchanges through tourism and modernize the mechanism of member cooperation under the theme of “tourism makes cities even better”.
- It targets at growing the tourism budget scale, improving the quality and effectiveness of tourism industry.
About joining to WTCF:
- Kochi becomes first Indian city to be a member of World Tourism Cities Federation Council and join its association of leading tourism cities across the world.
- Kochi was invited because of its partnerships in culture, sports and tourism as well its food, martial arts and snake and dragon boat races.
- Published/Last Modified on: August 11, 2015