Krishnapatnam Port receives Golden Peacock award for environment management [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
Krishnapatnam Port (Andhra Pradesh) has been awarded Golden Peacock environment management award for its achievements and initiatives in the field of environment. During the 17th World Congress on Environment Management, C Sasidhar is Managing Director of Krishnapatnam Port who was received award by Union Minister of State for Environment Prakash Javadekar in New Delhi.
- Plantation of over 20 lakhs trees within the port and more than 50,000 trees in the surrounding villages for Green initiatives. Installation of solar lights in the port and solar water heaters in the employee colony.
- Adoption of Environment Health and Security program to encourage continuous improvement in environment protection which includes waste management, pollution control, use of renewable resources, resource conservation etc.
- Golden Peacock awards was established in 1991by the Institute of Directors (IoD). This port is located about 190 km north of the Chennai Port and 18 km east of the city of Nellore.
- They are presented annually under various categories. The awards comprise to sets Global Awards and National Awards.
- Krishnapatnam Port is a privately built and owned all weather and deep water port on the east coast of India which located in the Nellore District of Andhra Pradesh.
- Published on: July 21, 2015