Kumar Sangakkara announces retirement from Test cricket [ Current News (Concise) ]
Former Sri Lankan cricket captain Kumar Sangakkara announced retirement from Test cricket after playing three-match series against India in August 2015. Ace Kumar Sangakkara had already retried from One-Day International (ODI) after the ongoing ICC World Cup 2015 and T-20 cricket after Sri Lanka won the T20 World cup in 2014.
- Sri Lankan batsman Sangakkara is fifth highest run scorer in Test cricket at present and he has scored 12203 runs in 130 Test matches at an average of 58.66.
- Kumar Sangakkara created a record by becoming first batsman to score hundreds in three consecutive World Cup matches in In ICC World Cup 2015.
- He has scored 38 centuries in 130 matches and 51 half-centuries in 129 matches at present.
- He was named as the ODI Cricketer of the Year at the ICC awards ceremony and in 2012, he was honoured as one of the Wisden Cricketers of the Year in 2011.
- Published/Last Modified on: March 12, 2015