Kyrgyzstan Polls Won by Pro-Russian Parties [ Current News (Concise) ]
About winning of Pro - Russian parties: President Almazbek Atambayev’s pro - Russian Social Democratic Party has won parliamentary polls, with other insecurely connected parties composed to form a new union government.
- The Social Democrats were winning nearly 27 % of the vote, with the nationalist opposition named Respublika - Ata - Jurt party winning 20 % vote.
- All six parties mainly supporting closer connections with Moscow protected enough votes to win seats in the 120 - member legislature.
- Atambayev (President of Kyrgyzstan) has false close connections with Russian President Vladimir Putin, with Moscow protective an air base in Kyrgyzstan and forgiving loans to the government in Bishkek.
- The United States makes safe a U. S. air base in the country last year which had served as a launching ground for NATO operations in Afghanistan since 2001.
- NATO stands for North Atlantic Treaty Organization. It is also called as the North Atlantic Alliance.
- It is an international armed association based on the North Atlantic Agreement which was signed on 4th April 1949.
- Atambayev was elected as Kyrgyzstan’s head of state in 2011 after political instability controlled to the removal of two presidents in popular rebellions in 2005 and 2010.
- Published on: October 6, 2015