LED Based Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme is Named as UJALA by the Union Power Ministry [ Current News (Concise) ]
The LED based Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme (DELP) is named as UJALA by Union Power Ministry. UJALA stands for Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All. In January 2015 the National LED based DELP programme was launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi for energy conservation by reducing energy consumption.
- The objective of programme is to exchange 77 crore bright lamps with LED bulbs.
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) is implementation body of it.
- Currently it is running effectively around in 120 cities across India.
- The main objective is to spread the message of energy efficiency in the country under the Union Government initiative.
About LED bulbs:
- Light-emitting diode (LED) has a very long life, 50 times more than ordinary bulbs, and 8 - 10 times that of CFLs.
- It provides both energy and cost savings in the medium term.
- It save energy around 24 crore units every year.
Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) is a joint project of 4 power and they are:
- PSUs – REC
It is implemented for energy efficiency projects, promoting usage of energy efficient appliances, promoting the concept of Energy Service Companies (ESCOs) etc.
- Published on: March 14, 2016