Labour leader Jeremy Carbyn appointed Seema Malhotra as shadow chief secretary in UK [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Seema Malhotra: Seema Malhotra was born on 7th August 1972. She is a British Labour and Co - operative Party politician. She has been the Member of Parliament for Feltham and Heston since 2011 by an election which was held after the death of Alan Keen.
- She is worked for Accenture and Price Water house Coopers. She founded the Fabian Women’s Network and she was an earlier National Chairperson of the Young Fabians.
About Young Fabians:
- The Young Fabians include peoples less than 31 years of age of the Fabian Society which is a socialist society in the United Kingdom.
About Shadow Cabinet:
- Shadow Cabinet is in British parliamentary practice.
- It is the senior members of ’ Her Majesty’s Loyal Opposition’ who inspect their corresponding ministers in the Government.
- It also develops different policies and helps the Government to account for its actions and responses.
About the appointment:
- British MP Seema Malhotra who is an Indian - origin has been appointed as the shadow chief secretary for Treasury by Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn.
- Published/Last Modified on: September 17, 2015