Labshankar Thakar renowned Gujarati writer passes away [ Current News (Concise) ]
Labshankar Thakar passed away at Ahmedabad at the age of 80. He was modernist author of Gujarati literature. He was poet, playwright and story writer. About Labshankar Thakar: Thakar was born on 14 January 1935 in Sedla, Surendranagar Gujarat.
- He was also known by his penname Punarvasu and Vaidya Punarvasu.
- He was also an Ayurvedic Practitioner.
- Vahi Jati Pachhal Ramya Ghosha (1965),
- Manasni Vaat (1968),
- Mara Namne Darwaje (1972),
- Boom Kagalma Kora (1974),
- Pravahan (1986),
- Kalagranthi (1987).
- satyakumar Ekagrani Dharpakad,
- Make Believe (1967),
- Mari Jawani Maza (1973),
- Bathtub ma Machhali (1982) etc.
- His also penned novels like Akasmat (1968) and Kon? (1968).
- His collected works of journalism are Ek Minute (1986) and Kshana Tatkshana (1989).
- Maari Ba (1989) is a biographical work about his mother.
- He also penned numerous books on Ayurveda and also had published several magazines including Kriti and Unmoolan.
Awards and Honours:
- Kumar Chandrak in 1962
- Ranjitram Suvarna Chandrak in 1981
- Sahitya Akadami Award in 1991 for his poetry- Tolan Aawaz Ghunghat
- Sahitya Gaurav Puraskar in 2002 of Gujarati Sahitya Parishad
- Narmad Chandrak
- Published/Last Modified on: January 8, 2016